Trend Mania: What’s Hot or Not in 2009 in Life, Music, Blogs, Travel, Fashion and More
05 January 2009
Anyone in the marketing/communications industry loves this time of year – a time when everyone has a prediction on what could be the hottest trends, inspirations for the year ahead. Trends especially are fun for anyone in the creative world – they help provide new stimuli for our thinking. To “be creative”
you have to ground your ideas in appropriate insight and combine that
with relevance which can be found in the form of trends.
case, back to the point at hand: trends. One of the greatest things
about a new year comes in the form of predictions on what’s hot and
what’s not and what new trend is on the horizon and what is going to be
a surprise hit, etc. For all of you who love this part of our world,
please read on, lots of easy ways to get your fill of trends for 2009.
WOOHOO! (a word I predict will continue to be a crowd pleaser!)
- The gang at TrendWatching always has their share of trend predictions, and doesn’t dissapoint with some brain-scratching thoughts for 2009
- Get your fill of the latest fashion trends from the “image staff” at the Los Angeles Times who notes upcoming Golden Globes and Oscar red carpet outfits will be “bailout attire”
- If only someone had told me to be a travel writer when I was younger, maybe I’d be helping Travel & Leisure put together an amazing visual slideshow of travel trends for 2009
- Some solid tech trends from eWeek including the prediction that “cloud computing” will be a big hit this year and from PC Magazine who thinks the new unemployed will fuel a jump in small business growth (who need more PCs)
- Start your stomach growling with food trends from Gourmet Magazine
- Get on the green bandwagon with eco-trend predictions from Jetson Green
- The guys at Inhabitat rounded up predictions in the design/architecture/sustainability world from some amazing brains each with unique perspectives to check out
- Get your game freak on and watch Wired’s videogaming industry predictions (you don’t have to tell anyone you are a big gamer in hiding)
- Knowing you are what you eat, the folks at Convienence Store News have packaged up their predictions in the packaged goods world, including the debut of “relaxation” drinks (versus energy drinks)
- Watch Jane Buckingham of Intelligence Group on ABC News talking about her thoughts for 2009 (Hint, it’s all about orange)
- And just like my 2008 trend list, don’t miss the 2009 trends for hairstyles – all the ladies should love that the big “just get out of bed” hair look is back again.
That’s enough to slowly ease your brain back from the holiday break and into the work world again. Of course feel free to provide links to other trends you’ve come across so far this year.