DAILY FIVE (2/18)
18 February 2011
1. President Obama dines with Steve Jobs, other tech CEOs, USA Today, Jon Swartz
President Obama swung through Silicon Valley late Thursday to peddle his plan to “win the future” and reinvigorate the economy before an audience of tech royalty.
2. Obama to name Intel CEO to White House jobs panel, Reuters, Matt Spetalnick
Intel Corp (INTC.O) Chief Executive Paul Otellini will be named to a panel of experts advising President Barack Obama on jobs, the White House said on Friday.
3. On hot trends at Mobile World Congress, CNET, Marguerite Reardon
There are many reasons why I love Barcelona: the food, the wine, the art, the architecture–and of course, the mobile phones.
4. Brain behind IBM’s Watson not unlike a human’s, Computer World, Lucas Mearian
IBM’s Watson supercomputer, which shellacked Jeopardy’s top human champions during airings of the game show this week, is powered by 90 servers and a network-attached storage (NAS) cluster with 21.6TB of data.
5. Facebook Adds LGBT-Friendly Relationship Status Options, Mashable, Jolie O’Dell
Facebook has introduced two relationship status indicators that folks in the LGBT community might find more useful.