DAILY FIVE (3/16)
16 March 2011
1. The 10 Most Innovative Companies in Web, Fast Company, Austin Carr
2. Japan Quake May Cut Supply of Key Technology Materials, Credit Suisse Says, Bloomberg, Richard Frost
The Japanese earthquake may threaten the world’s supply of BT resin, used in electronic devices including handsets, Credit Suisse Group AG said.
3. Twitter Revs Up Security With HTTPS, PC World, Daniel Ionescu
Twitter announced security improvements to its website, allowing use of the HTTPS protocol to log into the online service.
4. Arizona tech industry reports job gains, Arizona Republic, Ken Alltucker
Even as Arizona’s private sector shed jobs during the recession at nearly twice the national rate, the state’s technology sector fared better, with aerospace/defense and biosciences posting job gains, a report to be released today shows.
5. The Key to Innovation: Build a Platform, like Apple, Fobres, Robert Reiss
When it was launched in 1995, Fast Company magazine set a new tone in progressive business media, with a unique editorial focus on discovering the creativity and innovation in technology, ethonomics (ethical companies), leadership, and design.